The Shun Classic line features the stylish Damascus-clad blades, handcrafted in Seki, Japan. They have D-shaped ebony PakkaWood handles. These razor-sharp blades offer an amazing cutting experience. Shun knive’s proprietary, high-performance ‘VG-MAX steel’ provides incredible edge sharpness and retention. As stated on their site, “Their blades are handcrafted of durable clad with Damascus stainless steel, ground and bead-blasted, creating a flowing pattern of the layered steel.” The result is a great line of knives that are sharp, durable, corrosion resistant, comfortable in your hand, and beautiful knives to hold.
- This knife set includes: 3.5-inch Paring Knife, 7-inch Santoku Knife, 8-inch Chef’s Knife, 9-inch Combination Honing Steel, Shun Multi-purpose Kitchen Shears, 8-slot Slim Design Dark Wood Knife Block.
- VG-MAX cutting core with 34-layers (each side) and stainless Damascus cladding.
- 60-61 Rockwell hardness; hand-sharpened Japanese double-bevel blade angle 16° on each side.
- D-shaped ebony PakkaWood handle is strong, durable and resists moisture
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan with a limited lifetime warranty. Cleaning Instructions: Hand wash with gentle dish soap and dry immediately.
These Shun knives are so sharp you have to wonder, “Do they need to be THIS sharp?” They will cut anything you need with ease as if you are cutting through melted butter. Also, due to the quality of the steel, they won’t get dull for a long time. These blades are so nice that they will be your go-to blades in the kitchen for the rest of your life.
American cooks in thousands of restaurants use Shun knive’s as there everyday kitchen knives. They are long-lasting, made of strong steel and and stay sharp for a long time. With a price tag of $399, you won’t find knives that will last longer. These are a must have for any professional or home chef.
|Shun Classic 6-piece
|Silver w/ black handles